May 25, 2010

Goosebumps

I found out last night that two other girls in my YTTP lost their dads in May as well. I used to say that I didn't believe in fate or destiny, but as I slowly move into a more spiritual and emotionally fulfulling part of my life, I might be changing my mind. You know when you first see someone, you can kind of tell you could connect with them. Well, I felt this for both of the girls. I felt sort of drawn to them, like "hm they seem insteresting, I bet we could become good friends."

I was talking with one of them last night before class, and we got on the subject of what we were doing before the program began, and then the subject of loosing our fathers (both in the first week of May) came up, and we both got goosebumps. It was amazing. I think there is a bigger force at work here.

You know what else gives me goosebumps? This song.
 

I know it's old news by now, but I love it. I think I'm a little bit in love with Imogen Heap. I heard an interview with her on NPR about how she makes her music, and it was enthralling to say the least.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Isn't it amazing when things align like that? There are so many positive things going for you right now, Jessi. I'm really, really happy for you.

And yes, Imogen Heap is totally love-worthy. I *still* love "Let Go" from her album with Frou Frou.

Liam said...

Entire books can, and have, been written about life's little synchronicities like that. Spiritual or not, my opinion is that it is what you make of it. There's no right or wrong there, no fact or fiction.. just your own experience of it and how you choose to interpret and then use that experience. If you choose to believe that coincidences are nothing more than that, then that is all they will ever be to you. But if you choose to believe otherwise, then they may even become significant life forming or altering events. And neither way of it is really better than the other, it's just a choice to be made.